So I figured out the problem…

Apparently, the wordpress theme I use for the website is conflicting with the new version of wordpress, and that’s why the comments section of the more recent posts is returning an error 500 message.
What this means is that I now need to hunt down a new theme for the blog… God damn it…
If anyone has suggestions for themes that make any sense, they can let me know. I’m actually not too unhappy with this basic one here, but I may decide to commission an artist to give it a header, at least.

12 thoughts on “So I figured out the problem…”

    1. This is apparently the default wordpress theme. It’s actually not too bad. I’m poking around through all the settings, trying to see what I want to do with it. Had to look up how to get it centered.
      One thing I’m noticing is that it doesn’t seem to show thumbnail images when viewing from a mobile device. At least, not until you go into the post itself. Still haven’t decided if that’s good or bad.

      1. sometimes there are ports, if the skin you used before was popular maybe there will be a port.

        or like in smf, you upload the theme you want and edit code to get it work on the current version

    1. Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll take a look through them.
      At the moment, I’m not too dissatisfied with this one, but we’ll see how it goes. I think I still need to poke around with some of the settings.

      1. I think this theme is good and neat, too.
        Once you put a header on top, will be perfect.
        And thanks for all your work.

  1. Been coming here since early days and got to say I like the black with white letters. Was a bit of a shock with the look changing so much lol. Some art on the header and sides would make it even better (man wish I could draw to help ya out). So I think it was a good change.

    1. Ya. I’ve got some background art set up for the sides(A Kerrigan commission I had done with Kiwine a long time ago), but it’ll only display if your monitor resolution exceeds 1260 pixels in width. Right now, it’s geared up to display at a maximum of 2560. Any wider than that and you’ll just get black empty space.
      I’ve got a few art options for headers, but I just don’t think they’re all that great-looking as headers, so I haven’t bothered implementing them yet.

Comments are closed.